Friday, September 08, 2006

Fido is free!

From an email on the Duke Park listserv today:

Thanks to the 52 people who sent emails to our county commissioners supporting the INC/PAC 2 proposal to outlaw keeping dogs on chains all the time, Fido is now free! And other dogs suffering from indifferent caretakers have a chance to get the attention of our county commissioners.


The INC/PAC 2 proposal is at this point...only a proposal. Hopefully we've added some momentum to this effort.

As for Fido, the artist assures me that he will be getting a lot more exercise and tasty treats now, but Fido is also willing to re-enter the fray if other neighborhoods/organizations want his help in shining a light on a problem that affects the well-being of dogs, children and neighborhood quality of life.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

How dare you try to impose your thoughts and feelings on me. It is my choice what to do with my animal as long as I am not neglecting him. I have a fenced in yard but when my dog is loose he barks all night long. When on a chain he is happy and peaceful.

You ignorant group thinks just because they don't want a dog chained up then they should force me not to do the same. Why not just try to pass a law saying what I can feed my dog or what I can even eat for dinner. GET A LIFE PEOPLE.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home